Creative Financial Staffing
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PAYROLL ACCOUNTANT
- Compile payroll data such as hours worked, taxes, and insurance to be withheld, and employee identification number, from timesheets and other records.
- Enter data into payroll system to compute wages and deductions.
- Post data to payroll records.
- Audit and review commissions, bonuses, time records and other relevant payroll documents to ensure their integrity and accuracy
- Reviews wage computed and corrects errors to ensure accuracy of payroll.
- Record changes affecting net wages such as exemptions, insurance coverage, and loan payments for each employee to update master payroll records.
- Process Accounts Payable and maintains vendor database
- Prepare periodic reports of earnings, taxes, and deductions.
- Prepare weekly accounts payable payments.
- Keep records of leave pay and nontaxable wages.
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED FOR THE PAYROLL ACCOUNTANT ROLE:
- At least 6 months of relevant experience in payroll and accounting
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience with ADP, Paycor, Ceridian, or Paychex is preferred
- Communication skills necessary to work effectively with a variety of individuals and departments
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to maintain confidentiality