Veolia is seeking a Senior Instrument Technician to assist in operations at a state-of-the-art 120 MGD Surface Water Treatment Plant in the Tampa Bay Florida area. Veolia is interested in recruiting top talent dedicated to working safely and who have the drive to continually improve their skill set and increase their contribution to the team.
Schedule: M-F 7 AM to 3:30 Pm, Rotational on-call
Summary: Maintains, inspects, calibrates and repairs various meters, instruments and process logic controllers according to manufacturer s recommendations and specifications.
- Maintaining plant SCADA communications and monitoring servers
- Troubleshooting electronic field devices associated with SCADA, Device Net, etc.
- Assisting in instrumentation and control troubleshooting issues, Scaling, PIDs, etc.
- Assisting in plant electrical troubleshooting issues with VFD s, motor controls, etc.
- Assisting in plant electrical systems troubleshooting issues
- Maintaining plant network systems
- Maintaining SCADA reports
- Maintains and troubleshoots plant security surveillance equipment
- Maintaining power monitoring equipment
Proficiency with the following are highly desired:
- High School Diploma, 2 year College preferred, with the ability to read, write and comprehend English (operational, manufacturer s manuals, wiring guides, diagrams and blueprints and safety and quality instructions) and be able to carry out verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations. Vocational training with mechanical and electrical aptitude required. Must demonstrate ability to read, interpret and record data from meters, gauges, panels, computer consoles and other equipment.
- Two to five years experience in a similar environment with the knowledge of occupational hazards and safety requirements involved in electrical maintenance and repair.
- Ability to efficiently maintain, install, repair and calibrate a variety of instruments, controls, gauges and metering devices which may include electronic circuitry, PLC s (Programmable Logic Control units) and SCADA (Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition) systems.
- Must have knowledge of HMI (Human Machine Interface), preferably with Wonderware, for operational controls, communication with data and workstation servers and how settings apply to the operational control scheme.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in the care and use of all site specific, facility required PPE (Personal Protection Equipment), including respirators, gas detectors, confined space equipment, etc.)
- Must consistently demonstrate the ability to perform all assigned tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
- Must demonstrate ability to use calibration equipment interfaces (such as a Hart Communicator) for setting parameters and calibrating meters and instruments. Must demonstrate ability to use precision measuring devices, testing equipment and shop tools such as drill press, band saw, bench grinder, and torque wrench.
- Must demonstrate the ability to inspect and diagnose problems in multiple unit processes, troubleshoot and take corrective action within policy and procedure limitations.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
- Must have ability to operate Computer Maintenance Management System (software). Must have basic computer skills including, but not limited to basic operations and manipulation of data on spreadsheets, etc.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
- Must possess a valid driver s license (commercial license is desirable) and a safe driving record.
- PLC configurations (AB SLC-500)
- Industrial networks (Devicenet, Profibus, Ethernet)
- Operator Interface Terminal (AB PanelView, AB PanelView Plus)
- 480VAC Switchboard (SWBD) and Motor Control Center (MCC) design (Allen Bradley, Siemens, Cutler Hammer)
- Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) and Reduced Voltage Soft Starter (AB, Siemens, Cutler
- Siemens Medium Voltage (13.2KV) Switchgear
- Medium Voltage paralleling gear with Gen-set configuration
- Communication protocol interconnections (RS232/RS485, Ethernet to serial, Modbus to AB Ethernet IP)
- Wonderware platforms (Galaxy, InTouch, Application Server, Historian, Active Factory, IDE,
Terminal Services, and DAS device integration)
- Microsoft PC operating systems and applications (XP, Vista, 7, Office Excel, Word, Access, OneNote, Outlook, Visiot, Query, Powerpoint)
- Microsoft Server 2012
- Crystal Reports
- SQL query scripting and stored procedure debugging
- SQL 2012 maintenance
- Software installation and configuration
- PC and server maintenance, troubleshooting, rebuild, and upgrades